Call for abstracts
The official Congress language is English. Original contributions on the following topics are encouraged (provisional list):
E.1. Animal farming systems, ecology and multiple services:
E.1.1. Sustainable intensification
E.1.2. Non-conventional livestock systems
E.1.3. Beyond food: non-market benefits of livestock systems
E.2. Livestock farming, impacts mitigation and resource use:
E.2.1. Monitoring impacts on environment
E.2.2. Strategies for impacts mitigation
A.1. Animal welfare and efficiency: conflict or resource?
A.1.1. Animal welfare and resilience
A.1.2. Animal efficiency
A.2. Animal genetic diversity and genetic improvement: paradox or opportunity?
A.2.1. Role and characterization of local breeds
A.2.2. Genetic variability, inbreeding and crossbreeding
A.3. Innovative approaches in animal production:
A.3.1. Precision livestock farming
A.3.2. Omics technologies
A.4. Companion animals and society
A.4.1. Companion animals and society
F.1. Food of animal origin for human health
F.1.1. Nutritional profile
F.1.2. Food production and processing
F.2. Food of animal origin: quality, territory, culture and emotions
F.2.1. Sensory and instrumental organoleptic properties
F.2.2. Food labelling and valorization
O.1.1 Other (please specify)
Abstracts must be submitted online only: abstracts sent by fax or mail will not be considered.
Online Submission Steps and Instructions:
1) First step
Communicate the title and main features of your abstract by January 15, 2021 (extended deadline)
To do so, please access the online ABSTRACT SUBMISSION system below and complete the required fields:
[you will have the opportunity to add subsequently the abstract text and revise the initial information until the extended final deadline, February 15, 2021]
- SUBMITTER >> (i.e. corresponding author): personal data, affiliation and contacts
- AUTHORS >> (in the order you wish them to appear in the abstract – specify presenter)
- FORMAT (oral or poster), TOPIC (see above) and TITLE of the abstract
- ABSTRACT >> this is a required field:
- if you do not intend to submit your abstract text immediately, just write “ABSTRACT TEXT WILL FOLLOW”
- if you wish to complete the submission with your abstract text, type or paste it from your text editor into the specific text-box.
In both cases, you will have time until February 15, 2021 (extended final deadline) to complete your submission with the abstract text and/or edit any other submitted information accessing through the submission link, and entering your personal area with the username and abstract PIN received by email upon the first submission]
2) Second step
Complete the submission including the abstract text by February 15, 2021 (extended deadline)
The abstract must not exceed 2,500 characters including spaces (excluding title, authors, and affiliations). Avoid including literature in the text. We suggest you structure your abstract in different sections accounting for introduction, methods, results, conclusions, and acknowledgements (if applicable). No references are required.
The notification of acceptance/rejection of the abstracts submitted will be sent via email only to the corresponding author (Submitter) by March 15, 2021.
Before starting the submission process, please check the following guidelines:
* Abstracts should be submitted online only.
* Provide main abstract information (submitter/topic/title) by January 15th, 2021.T he deadline to complete the abstract submission is February 15th, 2021.
* All abstracts must be submitted in English.
* Abstracts should be based on any of the topic areas listed above.
* Authors' Affiliation: Department in native language, University in English (>> if Association or other Institution: insert it in native language, and add (ACRONYM) if
available), City in native language and Country in English.
1 Dipartimento Scienze Agrarie e Forestali, University of Palermo, Italy
2 Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Agroalimentari, Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, Italy
3 Associazione Nazionale Allevatori Razza Frisona e Jersey Italiana (ANAFIJ), Cremona, Italy
* Abstracts may not have more than 2,500 digits, spaces included (excluding title, authors and affiliations).
* Abbreviations should be defined the first time they appear in your text.Example: NEFA (Non-Esterified Fatty Acids), before being used as an abbreviation
only. Please, do not define or use abbreviations in the title.
* Tables, charts, or other graphics may not be included and will be deleted by the editors.
* Authors should indicate their presentation preference: . The Scientific Committee reserves the right to decide on the final allocation and presentation
* After sending* your abstract, you will receive an email with your u serID and your abstract ID (PIN code) in case you want to access the system again to check
and/or complete your submission. After February 15, 2021, it will not be possible to modify sent abstracts. Authors are responsible for verifying the
correctness of all information sent, considering that results will be reproduced exactly as submitted.
If you encounter any problems during the submission process or if you wish to withdraw or amend your abstract, or firstname.lastname@example.org
* To make sure your abstract has been sent, remember:
1. After completing all online fields, click on “Save”. The system will open a preview of the general information you inserted, if all is correct click on “Check abstract status”: the complete abstract will appear. After checking it, you can cancel it or click on “Confirm” at the bottom of the preview.
2. After closing the preview, you must click on “I approve my submission”, whereupon you close the preview. Now you must click on “Confirm and send” to complete the submission.
3. If the procedure has been applied correctly, the following pop-up will appear:
“Abstract Submission Completed. Thank you! Your abstract has been successfully submitted and your data have been properly uploaded. An e-mail with confirmation will be sent to the address indicated, with further information. If you don't receive this message, please contact the Organizing Secretariat to check for errors in the transmission.”
Important updated deadlines
Communication of abstract title and topic: Friday, January 15th, 2021
Full abstract submission: Monday, February 15th, 2021
Notification of acceptance: Monday, March 15th, 2021
Early registration fee: Monday, April 12th, 2021
Deadline for authors’ registration: Monday, April 12th, 2021
Each Author may appear in two oral communications at most (and only in one as presenter). There are no limitations as concerns posters. Communications and posters will be printed just as abstracts.
All presenters of accepted abstracts are required to register and attend the conference. The organizers reserve the right to withdraw abstracts if presenters have not registered for the Congress by April 12th, 2021.
Last update: 15 December 2020